How we keep you safe
- Strict security procedures are followed whenever your information is obtained and stored.
- Any pages used to display or collect personal data are encrypted, which makes it impossible for someone else to read. Your data is stored in a secure area that can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
- Our system is regularly tested by specialist, external security organisations.
- We will always verify your identity before discussing or disclosing confidential information.
- Online sessions will automatically expire and log you out after a period of inactivity.
- Access to your online account will be locked out after three failed access attempts. You will need to call us on 0345 702 5026 to unlock your account.
How you can help keep yourself safe
- Never share or write down your password.
- Do not use passwords that are easy to guess.
- When you have finished your transaction or task, please log off from Skipton Investments.
- Emails are not a secure way of sharing information. Third parties could intercept, access or alter information sent by email. Skipton Building Society is not responsible for and cannot accept liability for any damage resulting from emails being sent to, or received by, the Society. If you send us an email, please do not include confidential or sensitive information.
- Make sure the email address and phone number you have registered with Skipton Building Society are accurate and up to date.
- Beware of 'phishing' emails. If you mistakenly respond to a phishing email, tell us about it straight away.
What is a ‘phishing’ email?
An email alleging to be from a UK bank, building society, or other legitimate company encouraging you to visit a fraudulent website, invest money or reveal personal details. Skipton Building Society, or companies within the Skipton Building Society group, will never send emails asking for confidential information or security details and you should not respond to emails asking you to reveal personal information or passwords. Be vigilant and, if you are unsure or concerned about any communication that seems to be from Skipton Building Society, please call our helpline on 0345 850 1700*.
To find out more about how to stay safe online please visit Skipton Building Society’s Security Centre.