The fees paid by Skipton cover for the following work to be carried out;
- Obtaining and checking Land Registry information on the property
- Obtaining a redemption figure from your existing lender
- Set up completion and request your funds
- Update Land Registry with details of your new mortgage
- Buildings insurance checks in line with the Mortgage offer
- Enhanced identity verification and Due Diligence (Buy To Let only)
- Tenancy agreement checks (Buy To Let only)
There may be additional legal fees payable, such as;
- Transfer of surplus funds on completion
- Transfer of Equity (addition or removal of name on the property register)
- Help to Buy repayment
- Shared Equity/Shared Ownership work
- Handling notices/restrictions on the property register
- Satisfying requirements for Joint Borrower Sole Proprietor mortgage
- Dealing with third parties
- Dealing with additional land
- Request for outstanding balances for additional borrowing
- Postponement of a charge on the property register
- Satisfying Solar Panel Lease requirements
- Unencumbered properties
- Third party gifting funds
A full list of additional fees will be supplied by the conveyancer as part of their initial documentation. Your conveyancer will advise you of any additional fees applicable to you if/when they arise.
Please note, there may be instances where you require additional work which our conveyancer cannot carry out, for example where Power of Attorney or Grant of Probate involved. In these circumstances you may need to instruct your own conveyancer to process the remortgage conveyancing.
If at any time your remortgage falls through, you won't have to pay any standard legal fees, but disbursements (payments to third parties) relating to your case and any additional fees for services not covered by the basic legal fees may still have to be paid.
You should be aware that deeds production fees, early repayment charges or other administration fees requested by your existing lender(s) are not legal fees and must be paid by you if applicable, before or upon completion.