Your vote matters
Voting for 2020 has now closed and we were delighted that so many of you took the opportunity to have your say. You can find a summary of the results here along with minutes from the meeting.
Highlights of 2019
Skipton Building Society had another good year in 2019. You can find out more about our activities in Your Society in Focus.
- Both our mortgage and savings balances increased, despite a challenging market
- Our average savings rate we paid in 2019 was 0.54% higher than the rest of market average for banks and building societies*
- Over 100,000 customers registered on our new Skipton app
- We launched our new financial advice proposition, designed to make financial advice accessible to more people
- We raised funds for Alzheimer’s Society and Alzheimer Scotland (our charity partner) to bring the final total to over £250,000 (2017-19)
- We committed to supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and set ourselves some challenging targets
*CACI Current Account and Savings Database, Stock, including fixed and variable rates. CACI is an independent company that provides financial benchmarking data which covered 87% of the cash savings market in 2019. Data correct as at 16 March 2020.
Summary Financial Statement
You can also read about our 2019 financial performance in the Summary Financial Statement.