If you have a personal savings account, mortgage or hold Permanent Interest Bearing Shares with us, it means you’re a Member of the Society, as long as you keep a minimum balance of £1.
However, to be able to vote you need to maintain a minimum balance of £100, be the first named account holder and meet the voting conditions (see below for the AGM 2021 voting conditions - these will be updated for AGM 2022).
If you operate an account on someone else’s behalf, for example, as an attorney or personal representative, you are not the member – membership stays with the customer named on the account.
Full details about membership and voting are available in the Rules of the Society, but if you have any questions please contact us.
Voting conditions for AGM 2021
1. The voting date referred to in condition 2 below is:
- 20 April 2021 if you are voting online or by post using the voting form in your AGM pack; or
- 26 April 2021 if you vote at the AGM.
2. You are entitled to vote if you’ll be 18 or over on 26 April 2021. For a joint account, only one person can be eligible to vote and you’ll need to be named first on the account in our records. You also need to either:
- have had at least £100 in your savings account(s) (including Permanent Interest Bearing Shares (PIBS)) on 31 December 2020 and have a savings account with us from that date until the voting date; or
- have owed the Society at least £100 on your mortgage(s) on both 31 December 2020 and the voting date.
3. No matter how many savings or mortgage accounts you have, in any capacity, you are only entitled to one vote on each resolution.
How to vote