The key principles of the Covenant
- The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise from the nation that those who serve or have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
- In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved.
How we’re showing our support
- 50% discount on the price of standard and mirror Wills for current and ex-armed forces personnel and certain family members.
- 15% off our Power of Attorney services.
- Supporting the Armed Forces Help to Buy scheme.
Forces Help to Buy Scheme
The Forces Help to Buy scheme is a government scheme that allows Armed Forces personnel to borrow up to 50% of their annual salary from their employer, which is then used as a deposit for a house. Please note that the Forces Help to Buy scheme is independent from the Help to Buy Equity Loan Scheme.
For mortgage customers who are active members of the Armed Forces, if you are unable to live in your property, we may be able to give consent to you letting it out without increasing your interest rate. For full eligibility or to apply please download our Property Letting Requirements form.
Wills and Power of Attorney
Although all armed forces personnel are offered a free of charge Military Will, these do not take into account complex personal circumstances. The discounted Will offered through Skipton addresses these needs, and is also available for spouses and civil partners of armed forces personnel.
We also offer a discounted Power of Attorney writing service.
Check your eligibility
The discounts on our legacy products are available to those serving within HM Armed Forces, veterans who used to serve, Reserve Forces personnel, spouses and civil partners of people currently serving in HM Armed Forces and immediate family members of someone who has died as a result of service, including widows and widowers.
You will need to show you are eligible to claim this discount. You can find out how to show us this in the terms and conditions below.