Skip to main content

Helpful contacts

There are many organisations which offer free, independent money advice. Their advisors can assess your situation and devise the best course of action for you.

Budgeting and debt advice


0800 280 2816

Payplan offers free debt solutions, including free debt management plans and individual Voluntary Arrangements or IVA's.

Advice UK

0300 777 0107

All members provide free and confidential advice, but not all provide money advice.

Money Advice Service (MAS)

Phone the helpline on 0800 138 7777.

Set up by the Government, the Money Advice Service offers free, impartial advice on everything from budgeting to managing periods of financial difficulty.

The MAS Money Navigator Tool can provide helpful guidance personalised to your financial needs, and highlight areas where you should consider taking action now to avoid money problems in the future.

Money Advice Scotland

0141 572 0237

A helpline that provides signposting to free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), England and Wales

0800 144 8848 (England)
0800 702 2020 (Wales)

The Citizens Advice Bureau offers free, impartial advice on a wide range of subjects, including specific help with mortgage problems.

National Debtline

0808 808 4000

Provides a free, confidential and independent telephone advice service.

Step Change Debt Charity

0800 138 1111

Step Change offers free, impartial advice to people currently struggling with money, and gives tips on budgeting and managing credit commitments.

Business Debtline

0800 197 6026

Free, confidential and independent advice for self-employed people and small businesses.

Christians against poverty

0800 328 0006

Mental Health & Money Advice

The Mental Health Money Advice service, brought to you by our charity partner Mental Health UK, helps individuals who are experiencing poor mental health in combination with problem debt / insufficient income to manage their on-going commitments.

Mental Health UK offer individuals a holistic service by helping them to maximise their income, look at putting in place suitable and sustainable debt solutions. They also help individuals with budgeting and guiding our clients to relevant specialist charities to manage their mental health.

Other helpful contacts

Jobcentre Plus Office

Find your nearest job centre

Your local office can tell you if you are eligible for any State benefits.


For information about benefits.

Council Tax Reduction

To find out if you may be eligible for a reduction in your council tax or to apply, visit

Speak to us

Call us

Talk to our Credit Management team

8am - 6pm
8am - 5:30pm
9am - 12pm
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. If you have a Buy to Let mortgage and you fail to keep up with payments on your mortgage, a 'receiver of rent' may be appointed and/or your rental property may be repossessed. Most Buy to Let mortgages are not regulated by the FCA.
Version Info: