Mortgage payment difficulties

If you're worried about or unable to make your monthly mortgage repayments, then it is important you talk to us as soon as possible. The earlier you get in touch the better, as there are more options available if you tackle the problem early on.

How we might be able help

  • Changing the way you make your payments, or the date you make them
  • Taking your individual circumstances into account we can try to find a solution or arrange a new payment plan that suits you
  • Keeping you informed
  • Allowing you to pay back your mortgage over a longer period of time (which might reduce your monthly payments)
  • Changing the type of mortgage

You can find more information about how we treat customers fairly and what you can do if you're experiencing financial worries on our treating customers fairly page.

What you can do

To help us understand more about your circumstances, please complete our Income & Expenditure Form where the mortgage is on your home. If the mortgage you need to discuss is a Buy to Let you should complete our Buy to Let Questionnaire.

Income & Expenditure Form Buy to Let Questionnaire

If you would prefer to complete the form on paper, please contact us as shown below and we will send a paper form in the post. We can also go through the form with you over the phone.

Other useful information

  • Take a look at our Helpful Contacts list – a list of organisations that can also assist those in financial difficulty.
  • Visit paying your mortgage - to find out more about the different ways you could make your monthly mortgage payments.
  • Do you have a mortgage payment protection policy taken out either as part of your original mortgage or as a standalone policy? If so, have you made enquiries as to whether you are eligible to claim? If you are eligible to claim this may provide temporary support with your mortgage payments.

Useful documents

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. If you have a Buy to Let mortgage and you fail to keep up with payments on your mortgage, a 'receiver of rent' may be appointed and/or your rental property may be repossessed. Most Buy to Let mortgages are not regulated by the FCA.

Ways to contact us


Chat to us online 


Speak to our dedicated Credit Management team

8am - 8pm
8am - 5:30pm
9am - 12pm
Version Info: