Financial and Economic abuse and fraud
You may be susceptible to financial or economical abuse if someone is controlling your money. This type of abuse involves the control of money, finances, and things that money can buy, such as clothing, transport, food, and a place to live.
It might involve:
- Withholding money from you
- Restricting your access to statements
- Stopping you from accessing your money
- Preventing you from using your credit card
- Preventing you from removing your name from a joint account you can’t access.
To find out more about financial abuse and how it could impact you, download the UK Finance - It's your money guide.