Things you need to know
- If your request to temporarily let your property is approved, we will apply an additional 1% to your current residential mortgage interest rate, which will remain in place for the duration of the letting agreement. Please read the Consent to Let form below for more information.
- There is a £75 fee that is applicable in order to make these changes, known as the Consent to Let fee. All of our fees and charges are available to view on our Tariff of Mortgage Charges [PDF].
- The Consent to Let fee will be applied to your account when we have confirmed we are happy to agree to you renting your property out.
- You can get in touch to pay the Consent to Let fee, or it can remain on your mortgage account but please be aware that this will incur interest at the rate applicable at that time.
- We can only grant Consent to Let on a mortgage held directly with Skipton Building Society, for any second mortgages please contact your lender directly for their consent.
- We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from this scheme if we can’t meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Arranging Residential Mortgages is covered up to a maximum limit of £85,000. Further information is available from the FSCS: https://www.fscs.org.uk/
How to request Consent to Let
To request our Consent to Let, simply download and complete the Consent to Let form.
Please read the form carefully before you complete it. This form contains details of our requirements for agreeing to the letting of your property. If these requirements are not complied with, you will not have our permission to let your property and the letting will be classed as unauthorised. Where letting your property is classed as unauthorised your interest rate could increase, you should refer to the Tariff of Mortgage Charges for more details.
If there are any requirements that you do not understand or need to discuss, please contact us using the details below.
Consent to Let form [PDF]
Return this to us by either:
Skipton Building Society,