Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully - if you do not accept these terms, please do not register for Skipton Investments Online.
These terms and conditions relate only to your use of Skipton Investments Online; they are separate to the terms of our financial advice services and the terms of your investments and pensions taken through Skipton, and any platform terms, which continue to apply irrespective of any use of Skipton Investments Online whilst you remain a retail client of Skipton Building Society for financial services.
The Skipton Investments Online customer portal is provided for general information and access purposes only. It does not offer financial advice on which you should rely. You should obtain further financial advice before taking, or refraining from any action on the basis of information obtained from the portal. Although we have taken care concerning the accuracy and integrity of information in the portal, we make no representation or warranty, express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete, or up to date. If you are in any doubt as to the accuracy and currency of any information in the portal, please contact our Premier Service team on 0800 055 6898.
1. Skipton Investments Online is available to individuals who are UK residents, including Crown employees, aged 18 years and over.
2. Whenever you access Skipton Investments Online you will be taken through the security process to confirm your identity. You will normally be required, on subsequent log-ons, to input your Security Details below.
- your Log in ID;
- your password; and
- your PIN.
3. You must take all reasonable steps to keep your Security Details secret. Do not disclose them to anyone else. For example you should:
- never write your Security Details down;
- destroy any advice from us concerning your Security Details promptly after receipt;
- never record your Security Details in software which retains it automatically on your computer (for example “save password” features or functions on your web-browser or toolbar);
- not reveal your full Security Details to us (we will never ask you for this - if we have to, we will only ever ask you for part of your Security Details);
- not allow anyone else to use the device you use to access your account without taking suitable precautions;
- ensure you have fully logged off from Skipton Investments Online when you have finished.
4. Familiarise yourself with any other Security and Privacy information provided as these contain useful information which can help keep your information secure. You must tell us as soon as possible if you believe that your Security Details have been disclosed or someone may try or has tried to use your Security Details to access your information. Call our Premier Service Team on 0800 055 6898.
5. We cannot prevent access to Skipton Investments Online where access has been authenticated by the Skipton Investments Online Security details. If you give instructions by secure message these instructions will always be verified separately before they are actioned.
6. You can regularly check your Security Details online and must let us know as soon as you can if you think they have been changed without your knowledge.
7. We may suspend access to Skipton Investments Online if we know of or suspect a security breach. We may ask you at any time to change your Security Details if required for administrative or security reasons.
8. Once you have signed up for Skipton Investments Online you can:
- Use Secure Messaging – to send and receive secure emails from our support teams. We aim to respond to Secure Messages within two working days. Secure Messaging must not be used for matters that require immediate attention- please call our Premier Service Team on 0800 055 6898 to report theft, loss or where you believe that your Security Details have been disclosed or compromised. Please DO NOT include your full Security Details in any communication with us, including Secure Messaging.
- View your Portfolio of platform investments ie any funds held on Co-Funds or Funds Network.
- View details and documents relating to investments and pensions taken through Skipton.
- You can also view details and documents relating to other assets and liabilities which we will upload from your Factfind into Skipton Investments Online, ie holdings, investments and pensions not taken through Skipton, and current and savings accounts. Please note however, that unless you update this information via Investments Online we will normally only update it if you have a further financial advice appointment and complete Factfinds and upload information requested.
9. We may at any time withdraw all or part of the Skipton Investments Online customer portal, temporarily or permanently where it is not commercially viable for us to continue. Where possible we will give you reasonable prior notice. Access may also be unavailable without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance, repair or for reasons beyond our control. We are not liable for any loss or inconvenience, but we will assist you by other means if the services are unavailable for more than 7 days and you ask us to do so by contacting the Premier Service Team. Additional security details may be required if this is over the telephone.
10. We may suspend access to Skipton Investments Online at any time if:
- the wrong Security Details have been used or we otherwise reasonably believe that access to the information is not authorised by you;
- we believe Skipton Investments Online will or is likely to be used in an illegal or harmful way;
- You must not do anything which may cause (whether on purpose or not) the introduction or spread of any virus, Trojan horse, logic bombs, spyware or any other malicious programs.
11. All of the contents that may be available on this portal including but not limited to layout, text, graphics, links, marks, logos and trade marks are the intellectual property of Skipton Building Society or its licensors and may not be used, copied, downloaded, transmitted , distributed or published in any way other than for your private personal viewing purposes without our prior written consent.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales only (unless you are resident in Scotland or Northern Ireland in which case the laws of that jurisdiction will apply). All communications and contracts will be conducted in the English language.
The following documents of Accessibility, Legal notice, Security policy, Modern Slavery act, Investor relations, Press office and Careers relate only to the General Skipton website.