Our Protect Plus buildings policy covers you for up £500 for certain call out charges, labour and parts or materials, so immediate repairs can be made to stabilise and remove the emergency. There is no Home Emergency cover with our Protect policy.
With Protect Plus, we send a repairer to assess the situation and carry out emergency work arising from:
- burst pipes or sudden leakage
- break in or vandalism affecting the security of your home
- storm damage causing water to enter your home or likely to cause further loss or damage to your home or its contents
- impact damage from falling trees or vehicles, or from a plane or aerial debris
- failure of your home's water mains supply, which has left you without running water
- failure of your gas supply pipe, which means you can't use your gas appliances
- failure of your electricity system, leaving your home without electricity
- failure of your home's hot water system, leaving you without hot water
- total failure of your central heating system, between September and April, for boilers up to eight years old
- blocked drains
- a smashed toilet bowl or cistern, or breakage of the cistern's internal mechanism that prevents flushing
- emergency repairs if subsidence, heave or landslip causes sudden damage that allows water to enter your home or threaten its security by breaking external windows, doors or their frames.
Home Emergency cover is provided through Inter Partner Assistance SA (IPA) which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group. For details of what's not covered, please refer to your Insurance Product Information Document and Policy Booklet.
The Home Emergency policy is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance S.A. UK Branch, which is part of the AXA Group
Inter Partner Assistance S.A. UK Branch is a Branch of Inter Partner Assistance S.A. (Financial Conduct Authority registration number 202664), which is a Belgian firm authorised by the National Bank of Belgium under number 0487, with a registered head office at Louizalaan 166, 1050 Brussels. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website. Inter Partner Assistance S.A. is registered in England with its registered address at 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, RH1 1PR (UK branch registration number: BR000947). Inter Partner Assistance S.A. has a share capital of EUR 130,702,613. Inter Partner Assistance S.A. is part of the AXA Group.