This page (together with the site terms) will tell you the conditions on which you may make use of Skipton Building Society’s social media pages.
Please read these terms carefully before using our pages. By using our pages you confirm your acceptance of these terms.
Skipton Building Society
- These pages are operated by Skipton Building Society (we, our, the Society). Our Principal Office is The Bailey, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 1DN.
- We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 153706 for accepting deposits, advising on and arranging mortgages and insurance.
- Our pages are for everybody and we want everybody to enjoy them. If you are not happy with something or come across any content which you think is unacceptable in any way please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into this.
Accessing our pages
- The pages are made available free of charge and are for domestic and personal use only.
- The pages are directed at UK residents and are appropriate for those aged 18 years or over.
- Access to our pages is permitted on a temporary basis. We do not guarantee that the pages, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the pages.
- We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the pages without notice.
- We will not be liable to you if for any reason the pages are unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our pages, and in the material published on them. Those works are protected by the law of intellectual property and related treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) for your personal use only.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You must not use any part of the content of our pages for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- "SKIPTON” and the Castle logo are UK registered trade marks of Skipton Building Society.
Changes to our pages
- We may update our pages from time to time and the content may be changed, altered, amended or updated at any time. However, please note that any of the content may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that our pages or any content will be free from errors or omissions.
Posting on our pages
- Whenever you make use of a feature which allows you to post contributions on our pages, or to make contact with other users of our pages, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy, otherwise we may remove your posts and prevent you from using our pages. Please see our content standards at condition 8 below. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our pages.
Links to third party websites from our pages and to our pages
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked from our pages. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- You may link to our pages through the use of links, provided you do so in a way which is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The use of links to our websites and other pages shall be governed by the terms and conditions of those websites or pages. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Permitted and prohibited uses
- You may use the pages only for lawful purposes and for domestic and private purposes only. You may not use the pages:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in the course of business or for any commercial purpose, in particular to advertise or attempt to solicit business, either in the name of any business you represent or by impersonating an independent third party;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (as set out below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (otherwise known as spam); and
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Our content standards
- These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our pages and to any interactive element contained within them. Where you contribute content to the pages you must ensure that:
- any facts included in such content, or information in such content which appears, is suggested to be or is implied to be a fact, are true and accurate;
- any expressions of your opinion(s) or belief(s) included in content you contribute are genuinely held by you;
- all content you contribute is in:
- the spirit of and directly relevant to the site;
- compliance with all applicable laws; and
- not potentially liable to bring the Society into disrepute.
- any content that you contribute does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights (i.e. the intellectual property rights of any other person), including but not limited to copyright, database right, moral rights or trade marks of any other person, or promote, share or link to any such material;
- any content that you contribute must not contain, reference, imply, link to or otherwise relate to:
- any material which is defamatory of any person;
- any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- any sexually explicit material;
- any material that promotes violence;
- any material that promotes discrimination of any form, whether based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or otherwise;
- any material that promotes any illegal or unlawful activity;
- any material that relates to or promotes any form of gambling;
- any material which is likely to deceive any person;
- any material which could be considered threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, or otherwise be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; and
- any material political in nature or promoting a political cause or agenda.
- the contribution of such content is not made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- We do not guarantee that the pages will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
Limitation of our liability
- We will not be liable to any user of the pages for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the site.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
How we use your information
Changes to these terms
- We may revise these terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page periodically to take notice of any changes we may make, as they are binding on you.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you have any queries about the site or any information contained on it, or otherwise wish to contact us, please contact us at email@example.com