Start your application online
You can start your application now by obtaining an online Decision in Principle (DIP) which takes around 10 minutes to complete, once you have the relevant information to hand.
- You will need your salary and employment details/2 years’ worth of accounts or an accountant's certificate if you are self employed
- details of your existing mortgage(s), if you already have one
- details of your current financial commitments and loans
We will ask you for specific information about your income and outgoings, following which we will provide you with a decision about the amount of loan which could be available to you and whether we will be able to provide you with a mortgage. The DIP is not a cost quotation for a particular mortgage product but an indicator of how much we would be prepared to lend you. A more detailed quotation will be provided to you in the form of a Mortgage Illustration later in the application process.
Once you have this initial lending decision, our mortgage team will contact you to book a telephone appointment with a qualified Mortgage Adviser. They will advise you on products which are most suitable for you and assist you in making a full mortgage application.
Please note, an application for a DIP involves the Society carrying out a credit check on you.
Online DIP - Important Notes
- The DIP is limited to a maximum of two applicants only.
- Applicant(s) must be at least 18 years of age and must be a UK resident or EEA citizen or have indefinite leave to remain.
- The property must be in the UK. (NB Currently we do not lend in Northern Ireland)
- Not available for Buy to Let
Call us or use Skipton Link
Alternatively you can speak to one of our mortgage team by telephone or video using Skipton Link who will be happy to give you more details about this mortgage and the application process and carry out a DIP.
Call Skipton Direct
- Mon - Thurs:
- 8am - 8pm
- 8am - 5:30pm
- 9am - 12pm
Skipton Link - flexible appointments for busy lives
Book a video appointment with a member of our mortgage team from the comfort of your own home.
More about Skipton Link