2.75% gross pa / AER variable annual interest (including a 0.50% bonus for the first 12 months).
Your tax treatment will depend on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in future
Learning about about the importance of saving from a young age is essential these days and with a Leap Account Issue 2 it couldn’t be easier.
When you open the account, you’ll be given a passbook to pay in or withdraw money at any one of our branches. So you can start saving straight away!
Fantastic Book Offer
Every time you save £20 in your Leap Account in branch, you'll receive a Leap Account sticker for your collector card. So, when you've completed your collector card you can choose one of these five fantastic books. Carry on saving and complete a second collector card to choose a second book.*
age: 0-3 years
Follow Farmer Phillip as he works on the busy farm. From milking the cows to herding the sheep, there is always so much for a busy farmer to do. With simple rhyming text, robust flaps to lift, labelled pictures and a ladybird to spot on every page, there is plenty to keep young children entertained.
The Magic Porridge Pot
age: 3+ years
Based on the traditional folk tale ‘The Magic Porridge Pot’, this vibrantly illustrated story is sure to become a favourite in every home. Ideal for reading aloud and sharing with your little one.
age: 8+ years
Mr Hoppy really loves his neighbour Mrs Silver, and Mrs Silver really loves her tortoise, Alfie. One day Mrs Silver asks Mr Hoppy how to make Alfie grow, and suddenly Mr Hoppy knows the way to win her heart. With the help of a magical spell and some cabbage leaves, can Mr Hoppy be happy at last?
Stig of the Dump
age: up to 12 years
Nobody believes Barney when he says he’s discovered a boy living wild in the dump. But for Barney, Stig is totally real. They become great friends, learn each other’s ways and embark on a series of exciting adventures.
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole
age: 12+ years
At thirteen years old, Adrian Mole has more than his fair share of problems - spots, ill-health, parents threatening to divorce, rejection of his poetry and much more - all recorded with brilliant humour in his diary.
Opening an account is easy
Simply visit any branch to open an account or send your application to our Principal Office.
- You can open your account with a minimum opening balance of £1 - by cash, debit card, cheque, electronic payment or transfer from another Skipton Building Society account.
- You can withdraw money whenever you like (subject to the £250 daily cash limit)
- You can save up to £50,000.
- You will need to be under 17 and you can hold the account until your 18th birthday.
- If you are under eight years old, an adult must open the account for you and will be called the ‘operator’. They’ll need to sign a withdrawal slip anytime you want to take money out of your account. Over the age of eight, you can do it all yourself.
- Whatever your age, we’ll send all the details about your savings directly to you by post.