A great place to start saving, with an easy access account at a rate of 2.75% gross pa / AER Variable (for the first 12 months, followed by a rate of 2.25% gross pa / AER variable).
Getting young ones to start saving isn't easy, but with a Leap Account Issue 2, it couldn't be easier. When you open the account, you'll be given a passbook to pay in or withdraw money at any of our branches. So your children or grandchildren can start saving straight away! Available to young people aged 17 and under who can hold the account until their 18th birthday.
Great books to collect with a Leap Account
Every time you save £20 in your Leap Account in branch, you'll receive a Leap Account sticker for your collector card. So, when you've completed your collector card you can choose one of these three fantastic books.
Stig of the Dump
for children up to age 12
Fantastic Mr Fox
for children aged 7+
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole
for children aged 12+
Opening an account is easy
Simply visit any branch to open an account or send your application to our Principal Office.
- You can open your account with a minimum opening balance of £1 - by cash, debit card, cheque, electronic payment or transfer from another Skipton Building Society account.
- You can withdraw money whenever you like (subject to the £250 daily cash limit)
- You can save up to £50,000.
- If you are under eight years old, an adult must open the account for you and will be called the ‘operator’. They’ll need to sign a withdrawal slip anytime you want to take money out of your account. Over the age of eight, you can do it all yourself.
- Whatever your age, we’ll send all the details about your savings directly to you by post.