The sharedealing service we offer is provided by Stocktrade, part of Brewin Dolphin Limited – one of the largest independently-owned private client investment managers in the UK. As well as offering vast experience to handle all of your sharedealing requirements, our partner Stocktrade also provide an up-to-date trading system, enabling them to offer a high quality service.
What to expect
Whether you’re a new investor, or you already have experience with shares, Stocktrade’s service is designed to help make your life easier; offering a flexible trading service which allows you to manage your investments in a way which suits you best. You can opt to trade over the phone or online, in both stocks or more complex investments. Once you have opened an account, you can buy and sell shares through Stocktrade.
Advantages of Stocktrade sharedealing
- Dealing at the ‘live price’.
- Competitive commission rates and clear pricing.
- No registration charge involved.
- Certificated share dealing service available.
- Set up an account online within minutes (individuals only).
- No additional charges for dealing over the telephone.
Whichever service you choose, extensive research resources are available to you, including online tools such as share price charts. You can also rely on transparent pricing so you always know the cost of investing.
Available sharedealing accounts
The types of accounts on offer reflect the different ways in which you may wish to hold your assets:
- Nominee account – this is offered to individual and joint and entity applicants, and is appropriate for clients who want to regularly deal over the telephone or online. Nominee-assets are held electronically on your behalf; and
- Certificated account – this is only available to UK residents who are individuals or joint applicants, and want to deal by telephone. It is also appropriate for those who want to hold their own share of certificates.
Buying and selling shares with Stocktrade
As the execution-only branch of Brewin Dolphin Ltd, Stocktrade will not provide you with any investment advice. If you are unsure about the suitability of this service we suggest you discuss with a financial adviser specialising in this area. As soon as you have selected your chosen account, and registered, you can start buying and selling shares.
To find out more, please open an account online or call Stocktrade on 0131 240 0613* to request an application pack.